“Connections – Pilot”
Finalist in the 2014 Creative World Awards contest!
Quarter-Finalist (top 10%) in the 2013 Page Awards contest!
One-hour drama pilot written on spec
Yasmine, a former profiler, investigates the death of a well-respected reporter. She will stop at nothing to get to the truth, but not before a U.S. Senator, a CIA agent, and a hacker, all figures from her past, get in her way.
* Previously, the title “Beltway Connections” was used when the story balanced two protagonists.
* Originally, the series went by the title “The Making of an Idealist” and focused mostly on college-age versions of the characters with the U.S. Senator as protagonist. A second episode was written under the original concept.
“Roommate Wanted – Pilot”
Finalist in the 2013 Creative World Awards contest!
Half-hour single-camera sitcom pilot written on spec; available on request
A workaholic data analyst sees only a one-in-a-million chance to find a compatible roommate or girlfriend. Unlucky for him, his coworkers are all too eager to help prove him wrong.
* In earlier drafts, when the protagonist contended with his flaky sister, this sitcom went by the title “The Probability of Happiness.” The original concept was adapted for a short film entitled “Inflection.”
“The Future Senator – Pilot”
Semi-Finalist in the 2013 Creative World Awards contest!
Half-hour single-camera sitcom pilot written on spec; available upon request
A college freshman falls head over heels over a girl he barely knows, making a life-changing decision in the process. Meanwhile, a son of a congressman learns to love what his father’s connections can do for him.
* This script is included as the opening chapter of The Young Mike Adams, a collection of short stories released in 2013
* This script was adapted from parts of “The Making of an Idealist” that did not survive the rewrite into “Beltway Connections.” The sitcom version was later adapted into a short film script entitled “Pick One!” in September 2013. A feature-length script loosely based on this concept is in development.
“The New Hire”
A script for a (very) short film
Norah gets an eye-opening glimpse of her new workplace.