2011 Is Nearly Over
Wow, 2011 was a busy year. A rundown of what happened to me this year after the jump.
In 2011, I:
- Completed revisions to a labor union’s bylaws;
- Lost re-election as that union’s grievance chair;
- Recruited a college friend of mine for two half-day sessions as part of my work’s ongoing training program;
- Got promoted to a new Quality Assurance Manager position at work;
- Banked nearly $7,000 en route to my savings goal;
- Bought myself a Kindle Fire and a friend gave me a mini-fridge from my office as early holiday gifts;
- Finished a spec script for a sitcom in record time;
- Participated in several screenwriting contests;
- Studied for the first of three exams required for a professional exam; and
- Did it all while managing to survive my 30th birthday without too much turmoil.
Not bad, eh?
In 2012, assuming the Mayan apocalypse does not happen, I hope to continue the screenwriting and professional studies even as I spend my days figuring out the strengths and limitations of my new job as part of work’s management team.
I really don’t expect this blog to be updated much, but you never know. For everything else, there’s my Twitter feed (@kenkerns).