Memorial Day Weekend
What has been going on around here for the last week or so?
1) UF’s Student Government did an honorable thing in sponoring a Veterans Memorial on campus, that would honor all the students who served in the war in Iraq. A far better than to spend money on than, say, refurbishing the SG offices, right?
2) The Orange and Blue Party apparently had some internal combustion or something, as one of their senators tried to leave the party and go Independent, except it nearly cost them a seat on R&A. If there is internal strife in the Opposition in the summer, I’d expect the FBK forces will easily overwhelm them in the fall.
3) I’m still waiting to see if/when my interview is posted on Christian Duque’s website, TheRadikal.com. He covered a lot of UF/SG history with me, which is fine. I’ll let you know as soon as I see it.
4) Teddy Kennedy “only” had a seizure, not a stroke, but the doctors linked the seizure to a malignant brain tumor – cancer. Not all seizures are alike, but as his episode proves, no seizure should be taken lightly, as it could be a sign of much worse. (Fortunately, most seizures are minor, rare, and treatable.)
5) I quit AGS – okay, went on an “indefinite LOA”. I’ve got a lot on my plate these days and my sister/roommate isn’t giving me a lot of time on the computer during the workweek.
6) I’m in the middle of a 5-day Memorial Day weekend. Hurray!
What have you all been up to?